Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Does Overbreathing Cause Respiratory Alkalosis or High Blood pH (Buteyko Method)?




Hyperventilation causes deviations in blood PH. Hyperventilation reduces carbon dioxide and carbon dioxide is needed to keep blood PH acid. When carbon dioxide levels in the blood are reduced, the blood becomes more alkaline. More about hyperventilation and blood ph

If we are talking about health zones, ordinary people would be situated around health zone 3 (20Cp). As such, normal people breath too much, which causes carbon dioxide to be reduced in the blood. This makes the blood more alkaline (called respiratory alkalosis).  

However, when we measure blood PH in people, we would not be able to see that the blood is actually alkaline. This is because our blood PH is tightly managed within a very narrow range from 7.35 to 7.45. So when the breath changes, the blood is still kept within this very narrow range. 

So why did Dr. Buteyko talk about alkaline blood PH as a result of overbreathing? 

Dr. Buteyko worked mainly with very sick patients. And when people are severely sick (hospitalized or even in emergency rooms with acute attacks etc.), they actually commonly would have respiratory alkalosis (no medical professional is going to argue with that). 

But when we talk about ordinary people who chronically hyperventilate (asthma or COPD patients even), this is actually not true. When we would ask a general practitioner who deals with normal (sick) people, they would tell you that blood PH is always in the normal range (even though these patients chronically hyperventilate). More about the causes of hyperventilation. 

So when people have these relatively mild forms of hyperventilation, they would have normal blood PH. The statement then that hyperventilation causes respiratory alkalosis, is not exactly correct. This only relates to severe hyperventilation.  

So when do people actually have respiratory alkalosis? The barrier would be around 10 CP and below. So when people go to an emergency room, they commonly would breathe around 25-30 Liters per minute. This correlates to around 5 CP. This is a huge difference as ordinary people breath around 12 Liters per minute and healthy people (according to Buteyko standards) breath only 6 Liters.

The URL of this video is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh7yH... This video features Dr. Artour Rakhimov.

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed with COPD with 55-60% lung capacity. and Hiv, My doctor just said all the crying , stomping your feet will not change it so just accept it and basically patted me on the back and sent me home to die. I was devastated and was afraid to do anything. I stopped riding my bike, I was afraid to do anything that would cause any exertion. It consumed my thoughts with every breath and the fear of what to expect was almost more than I could deal with. So I couldn't get myself all time I decided to find a herbal cure online and I came across Doctor Itua on how he cure several people suffering from Hiv, and Herpes I gave him a call on this Number +2348149277967 also chat on whatsapp he gave me all the details about the cure i paid him for the medicine after 5 working days i receive my herbal medicine ,I use it for two weeks that is how I get Cured and today I'm living healthy and  fine I give him thanks also promise him to testify about his work,He Can also cure the following diseases..Copd,Herpes,Alzheimer's disease,carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Parkinson's ,Epilepsy,Cancer,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis,diabetes,Coeliac disease,Infertility, Asthma.Contact...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com..Whatsapp Number...+2348149277976

    ReplyDelete